飞币
注册时间
2017-7-16
发表于 2023-8-13 02:46:07 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
【双语听读】Final of The "Youth Talk" Tryouts Held 世界各地的年轻人在这场秀里看见未来-1.jpg

548th article548期双语推文

【双语听读】Final of The "Youth Talk" Tryouts Held 世界各地的年轻人在这场秀里看见未来-2.jpg

【双语听读】Final of The "Youth Talk" Tryouts Held 世界各地的年轻人在这场秀里看见未来-3.jpg

NB: This may not be a word-for-word transcript.

In late August, it was getting a little cold with early autumn rain. After several rounds of intense competition, 38 young people from all over the world were selected to enter the final of the YOUTH TALK Tryouts.

8月下旬,初秋的郑州,微雨初凉。38名来自世界各地的青年经过层层选拔,站在了“正青春,观世界”YOUTH TALK“正观•青年派”选拔活动决赛舞台。

【双语听读】Final of The "Youth Talk" Tryouts Held 世界各地的年轻人在这场秀里看见未来-4.jpg

Photo: Xu Zongfu, Zhou Yong

The theme for the morning contest was "We are all Young people". The contestants answered three questions about youth: the first question was about the fight against the epidemic: against the backdrop of the global battle against COVID-19, what lessons have you learned? The second question was about the present moment: what skills are you working on? The third question was about the future: what do you want to be in the future? As young people, they shared their thoughts on personal growth and life.

当日上午的演讲比赛以《我们都是青年人》为主题,选手们认真回答了青春三问:一答战“疫”,全球进入疫情攻坚战的背景下,青年收获了哪些成长感悟?二答当下,青年在认真修炼哪些本领?三答未来,青年希望成为怎样的自己?他们以“青年人”的身份,交出自己的成长答案,递出自己的人生答卷。

【双语听读】Final of The "Youth Talk" Tryouts Held 世界各地的年轻人在这场秀里看见未来-5.jpg

Photo: Zhou Yong

Sun Yuchen, a Zhengzhou girl studying at Wuhan University, witnessed the COVID-19 outbreak firsthand. "I saw all this happening with my own eyes," she said, "I saw the greatness of countless brave people and the unity of the whole country in the fight against the epidemic."

孙雨晨,是一名在武汉大学读书的郑州女孩,此次疫情期间,她亲历了整个过程,她说:“我亲眼看到这一切的发生,我感受到逆行者的伟大,也感受到举国上下同战‘疫’的众志成城。”

Li Feifan, majoring in journalism at Zhengzhou University, dreams of becoming a reporter. During the fight against the epidemic, the moving and inspiring news from front-line reporters further solidified his ideal. He said, "Choose what you love, love what you choose. I hope and believe that one day, I will stand in front of the camera with a microphone and say: Li Feifan reports."

郑州大学新闻学专业李非凡的理想,就是做一名称职的记者。在战“疫”期间,他看到身处一线的记者发回一条条感人至深又振奋人心的消息,更加坚定了他的职业理想。他说:“选择你所爱的,爱你所选择的。我不仅希望,更相信将来有一天,我也会拿着话筒站在镜头前,说出:本台记者李非凡,为您带来现场报道。”

【双语听读】Final of The "Youth Talk" Tryouts Held 世界各地的年轻人在这场秀里看见未来-6.jpg

Amy is an international student at the University of Manchester in the UK. During the outbreak, she couldn't hold back her tears at the moment when she finally landed in Zhengzhou after dozens of hours. She said: "China's ability to control the epidemic so quickly owes much to the country's concentrated efforts for big and key events. Under the command of the government, the whole nation lent a helping hand to Wuhan without hesitation. With the right epidemic prevention measures and the cooperation of the whole people, we have managed to isolate the virus, so that the epidemic has been quickly under control. China's achievements in the fight against COVID-19 have impressed the world, which makes us overseas students feel proud!"

Amy是一名英国曼彻斯特大学的留学生,疫情防控期间,当她历经数十个小时终于落地郑州的那一瞬间,她落泪了。她说:“国内能在短时间内如此迅速地控制疫情,多亏了举国上下集中力量办大事的体制优势,一声令下,全国驰援武汉无怨无悔。多亏了正确的防疫措施和全民的配合,上下一心,隔离病毒坚定坚决,让疫情迅速得到控制。中国战‘疫’成效让世界刮目相看,让我们这些海外留学生深感骄傲和自豪!”

With sonorous words, the students shared heart-warming stories about fighting the epidemic, demonstrating their responsibilities as young people.

一个个暖心故事,一句句铿锵话语,选手们讲述战“疫”故事,彰显着青年人的责任和担当。

The students came from all over the world, including Chinese students studying in different countries. An American girl came all the way to China to learn Kung Fu. A Pakistani student fancied Chinese culture. A Thai student was obsessed with Chinese characters and Chinese language. An Indonesian student indulged in Chinese poems. Different as they may be, they are all young students aged 17-22.

选手们来自世界各地,有专程来中国学习功夫的美国女孩,有喜欢中国文化的巴基斯坦留学生,有痴迷于中国方块字、抑扬顿挫讲中国话的泰国学生,也有沉醉于唐诗宋词中的印度尼西亚学子,还有在不同国家留学的中国留学生。他们或许有众多不同,但他们都是17~22岁的青年学子。

They explained their definition of youth:

对于青春,他们大声说出自己的定义:

Malkin Shaina Rose (Chinese name: Mai Nana) from the United States is a lively girl who likes Huimian and Chinese Kung Fu. "I love Chinese culture and Zhengzhou as well. It's a beautiful place, and the people here are friendly and hardworking," she said.

来自美国的Malkin Shaina Rose(中文名:麦娜娜)是一个喜欢吃河南烩面、喜欢中国功夫的活泼女孩,她说:“我喜欢中国文化,也喜欢郑州,这个地方很美,这里的人们很友好、很努力。”

【双语听读】Final of The "Youth Talk" Tryouts Held 世界各地的年轻人在这场秀里看见未来-7.jpg

Jamal Laiba (Chinese name: Jialai), a Pakistani student studying in Zhengzhou, was full of confidence. She said: "I want to improve myself and become a role model for young people."

巴基斯坦籍的在郑留学生Jamal Laiba(中文名:佳莱)自信满满,她发出了这样的宣言:“我要认真修炼本领,我要成为年轻人中的榜样。”

Khammona Khanchan (Chinese name: Jin Linjun), an international student from Thailand, likes Chinese songs. He said in broken Chinese: "Young people should create new things and make contributions to national development."

来自泰国的留学生Khammona Khanchan(中文名:金林俊)喜欢中国歌曲,他用还不太熟练的中文说:“青年人要积极创造新的东西,为国家和社会发展做出贡献。”

Felix Goffery, an Indonesian young man, named himself Wang Zhilong in Chinese. He said: "I hope I can have patience and courage in the face of difficulties. I want to be creative."

Felix Goffery,一个印度尼西亚小伙子,他给自己起的中国名字叫王志龙,他说:“我希望在面对困难的时候可以有耐心、勇气,我应该努力成为具有创造力的人。”

Liang Beibei, a girl from Zhengzhou, just finished her college entrance examination this year. She has just turned 18. "May we Chinese youth shoulder our responsibilities and live up to the mission of the times. May we assume the responsibility of protecting our country in the future and be our own heroes, our family's heroes and our country's heroes," she said.

郑州女孩梁贝贝今年刚刚参加完高考。刚满18岁的她说:“愿中国青年,都能担当起今日之责任,不负时代使命,有一分热发一分光,在未来也能扛起守护祖国、守护众生的责任,做自己的英雄、家的英雄和国家的英雄。”

The talent show in the afternoon was fantastic. A Pakistani girl performed a dance with national characteristics. An American girl showed off Chinese Kung Fu. Some played the pipa (a Chinese musical instrument), others played the zither, appealing and pleasant. Some recited poetry in an impassioned manner, others vividly dubbed English animation clips. Some danced to dynamic music, others sang beautiful songs accompanied by guitar. The students displayed their own strengths and received thunderous applause.

当日下午的才艺表演一样精彩纷呈,可谓横贯东西、纵贯南北——既有拿出国家特色舞蹈的巴基斯坦姑娘,也有挥洒中国功夫的美国女孩儿;既有大珠小珠落玉盘的琵琶演奏,也有高山流水遇知音的古筝表演;既有慷慨激昂的诗朗诵,也有惟妙惟肖的英文动画配音;既有激情飞扬的动感舞蹈,也有安静唯美的吉他弹唱……选手们尽展所长,赢得掌声如雷。

【双语听读】Final of The "Youth Talk" Tryouts Held 世界各地的年轻人在这场秀里看见未来-8.jpg

【双语听读】Final of The "Youth Talk" Tryouts Held 世界各地的年轻人在这场秀里看见未来-9.jpg

Photo: Zhou Yong, Xu Zongfu

At 18:00, the winners were selected and presented with certificates and prizes.

当日18时,大赛评选出获奖者,并向获奖者颁发了证书及奖金。

The "Youth Talk" aims to create an opportunity for overseas students and domestic college students to exchange ideas and show themselves, and to guide today's young people to strengthen their ideals and beliefs, cultivate their patriotism, broaden their international vision and develop their striving spirit. We hope that through this platform, more aspiring young people will gather together to create something positive with the power of youth.

此次“正观•青年派”选拔活动,旨在为海内外的留学生、国内在校大学生打造一个交流展示平台,引导当代青年坚定理想信念、厚植家国情怀、拓宽国际视野、培养奋斗精神,希望通过平台搭建让更多有志青年聚集在一起,发挥青春的力量,传递更多正能量。

【双语听读】Final of The "Youth Talk" Tryouts Held 世界各地的年轻人在这场秀里看见未来-10.jpg

双语内容,转载请授权
Click on the pictures below to get more

点击下方图片查看更多

All rights reserved.

Feel free to forward to WeChat Moments.

转载请注明出处,欢迎转发到朋友圈

Chief Planner丨Shi Dadong

Managing Editor丨Xiong Vivi

Text丨Li Na

Trainee Editor丨Xu Hanyu

English Proofreader丨S. Jones